very emotional experience that reading this book. Every time I opened it, I was immersed in this strange atmosphere, but after half an hour, three-quarters of an hour, I had to close for up to fresh air and take a deep breath. This explains in part the fact that I took two weeks to read the 275 pages .. . Toni Morrison evokes the difficult transition from slavery to freedom through the story of three generations of women: Baby Suggs, the grandmother, whose son bought freedom with the sweat of his brow she can live her last years in Ohio, where slavery had been abolished, and his daughter Sethe, a slave who was pregnant and fled to join her at the peril of his life, and the daughter of the latter , born in freedom but whose childhood was marked by the consequences of slavery. Well-intentioned white abolitionists lent them an old house, but Following the tragedy two years having won the eldest daughter of Sethe, strange events occur soon and we understand that a ghost haunts the place ...
A beautiful hymn to human dignity. It seems to me that few books have talked about this period in terms of blacks, other Roots by Alex Haley, however, which covered more extensive period.
The ticket Kalistina (who loved the atmosphere but not the fantastic side).
0 comments:
Post a Comment