Saturday, November 6, 2010

Write Community Service Letter

Arnaud traveler humanitarian

A rnaud is a young man who had the opportunity to travel for humanitarian purposes. I was interested to let him speak. If you have any questions after reading the interview, do not hesitate in the 'comments' or vanillette.blog @ gmail.com , I will. For my part, I wish to thank Arnaud for his frankness and availability!


Hello. Could you introduce yourself briefly?

Hello, my name is Arnaud, I am 37 years old. I am currently seeking employment.

Where did your desire to participate in a humanitarian site?

I followed up last June [2010] trained as an educator (which I did not go to the end) that I really messed up internally. So I decided to conduct a humanitarian trip in order "continue" this training by going inside to meet another culture, a continent that was unknown to me but to go away ...

How was your engagement?

I talked to a lot of colleagues who had already made humanitarian trips to get advice. I went on the internet, I was looking for a humanitarian mission rather quickly (before the end of the year) and I found it in October. So I enrolled via internet, I received a registration form and steps to follow for the visa, vaccines and essential to make such a stay (medicines, visa card ...).
it must take "some time" in advance for vaccines and for the visa.

So, how was the trip?

I went on a mission "school education" for three weeks in Togo. There were nine expatriates (the "yovos" = the "white" as we called all of Togo, whether adults or children), I the oldest, youngest celebrated his 19th birthday two days after our arrival.
The mission was quite tricky. Indeed, it is not easy to find its place in a class of primary (CM1 for me) because I did not want to disrupt classes or children. Fortunately, the teacher helped me and I could help a bit too (correction of French, math ...). I have also learned a song.

Could you tell us what you preferred in the yard?

My favorite does not the site itself but rather the mentality of Togo. They are very warm, very welcoming, very supportive but also very interested in your person, very caring.
I also liked to take water from the well to wash the dishes but especially to shower outside with a view over the coconut palms on the day and the stars at night.

Instead, is there something that you like least?

This interest has also negatives. Indeed, the Togolese are very poor and white is considered as rich. So they try to sell you their manufacture (batik, necklaces, jewelry, statues ...) and / or you propose to help finance a business project. For example, I requested financial assistance to set up a poultry farm. they are "gifts" too. Children always want a gift offered to them (cakes, jewelry ...) but what also surprised me is when I left Lome to Paris, at the entrance to the airport a policeman 'm also called a gift, just like at customs leaving Lome.
in their culture is to ask things. Once we know that, there is no problem.
Otherwise I also liked the least poverty, dilapidated housing, streets, pollution ...

What do you advise someone who wants to try their luck?

come out, try their luck, to have personal goals and / or groups as this type of living is still experiencing (new culture, new country, away from his family life 24 / 24 hours so many tensions can happen, the pace is too different) and most importantly Do not take it like a vacation, even if the climate, the atmosphere could be thinking.

And so it back to France? How do we resort to such an experience?

Refrigerated. 20 to 30 ° and less, it feels.
Otherwise seriously, I grew up and come away richer personally, I try to gain height on the events that happen to me, in perspective relative to the living conditions there, compared to heat ( human) that they emit, they have the solidarity between them, the joy they show us every day.
This experience also allows me to change some representations that I could have on Africa, to understand their culture, to be more humble vis-à-vis the people and life in general.

For those interested in the issue of humanitarian aid, here are some sites:

0 comments:

Post a Comment